Friday, December 21, 2012

Parents: A Blessing in Disguise

A parent is someone who embarrasses their children every chance they get, makes three meals a day, nags about the same stuff constantly, and no matter what, loves unconditionally.  I am a lucky girl to have such a wonderful family.  Even if we disagree frequently, I will admit that my mom is the strongest, happiest, most generous person I have ever met.  She is a second grade teacher and puts so much love and work into her job.  One day, when I'm a teacher I hope to be as great as her.  Then there's my sister.  She is a handful, but has her lovely moments.  (Oh, you may be wondering why I am not sharing a story about babysitting... My reason is to simply express my thanks to my great life during this holiday season.)

Let's get started with ten reasons why I love my family:

1.) I was given a "pony ride" practically every night until I was too heavy for my dad's back.
May 2003. Photo by Melinda
2.) No matter what, I am loved unconditionally.
1998. Photo by Melinda
3.) My family tolerates me even when they know that I am a crazy nut.
2000.  Photo by Melinda
4.) I am allowed to pursue my interests.
Spring Championships 2012.  Photo Courtesy of Julie Shipman.
5.)  My mom cares so much about me and wants me to succeed in everything I do.  A great example is teaching me to ski...
 Photo by Jeff. 
6.) I am allowed to blow out the birthday candles even if it isn't my birthday. 
 May 2003. Photo by Melinda.
7.) I am taken on amazing vacations where I am able to experience new cultures.    
April 2012.  Photo by Nancy.
8.)  My sister, Mimi, may be a pain but I would be so bored without her! 
2001.  Photo by Melinda.
9.) Happiness is easily achieved.
November 2012. Photo by Mimi.
10.) Crazy ideas are never turned away.  Below are pictures of a Christmas tree that we cut from our yard.  And yes, it was almost as tall as the ceiling and was leaning on a chair so it didn't fall.
Christmas 2009.  Photos by Melinda.  

To conclude this all, Mama Claire would not be here without tips, tricks, and love from her parents.


***For my next post, I will be writing tips for babysitters.  Please comment below with things you need help with or would like to know about.
P.S. Thanks for the idea, Micaela.  :)

5 comments:

  1. Claire, I love all of your posts, especially this one. Sometimes we forget how much our parents and siblings do for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Claire, maybe you could do a post about what you do for entertainment with the kids? Thanks girl! Your blog is simply fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to do that after my next post. Thank for the idea.

      Delete
  3. Great one Claire!!! I am bored so I am commenting on your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire, I love reading your posts. They are so Claire-y. I really loved seeing all of your adorable pictures and reading their little stories. Great job!

    ReplyDelete