Friday, December 7, 2012

Bacon and His Sidekick Batman

Today, you will be introduced to the new and exciting characters of my blog: Bacon and Batman.  I must say that they are quite entertaining. Their family is so great to be around, and I love watching these boys.  I'll be referring to their mom as "Petit," and their dad as (El) Jefe.  In Spanish, this means boss.  I'm sure being the intelligent person you are, you can figure out why he has this code name, but it's not attached to a negative connotation.  Watch the video below to learn a little bit about Bacon and his sidekick Batman.

With full permission from their parents, I introduce you to: 
BACON AND BATMAN
NOTE: NO ONE WAS HARMED IN THE MAKING.
Moving onto my night babysitting Bacon and Batman.  Petit picked me up close to five.  Her dog, V, had been bitten (full on puncture with blood) by another dog, so we had to get her medicine at the store.  (Lucky me, I got to pay extra attention to a puffy haired dog with a puncture.  Woo.)  While she went shopping, I sat in the car thinking about what I was going to make for dinner.  Then upon her return, Jefe called notifying her that the boys were eating dinner to save me the trouble.  However I had not eaten yet!  So, she bought me a chicken.  Yes, a chicken.  It was my own pre-cooked gourmet dinner in a plastic tub, and I was totally content.

Back at there house, the adults rushed off for the symphony.  Lucky for me, the boys were happy. Beforehand, Petit had told them about my blog, and said that we would make videos for it.  They were so excited, and very used to the idea of being written about because their mom is a professional blogger.  For a few hours, we played on Photo Booth making action videos (therefore the video above).

With the videos set aside and bed time approaching, Bacon looked at me and said, "That was SOOOOO fun!"

Of course this made me smile because my main goal is to temporarily be their parents and have a fun time.  To do this, you need skill and the likable "fun factor." He made me feel like I'd accomplished my main goal as his babysitter.  Then there's Batman.  Practically every time I go over, he cries for his mom.  Believe me, I want to cry for my mom because I have to try and make him forget about his sadness.  Usually this means an extra book or two.  Sometimes the tickle monster makes and appearance, but it is never an easy task.

Overall, babysitting Bacon and Batman has made me wonder, what kind of an impact am I making on these children?  At age twenty, will they remember the babysitter that spent her endless Saturdays sitting on the coach watching Despicable Me for the millionth time?  For now the question remains unanswered, but my desire to make a positive impact will never end.

6 comments:

  1. Claire -
    You are an AMAZING role model.
    I loved the way that you incorporated a video into your post. It made it really interactive and interesting.
    Sometime, you should make a post with tips for babysitters. Everyone can take advice from you!
    Also, Despicable Me is amazing.
    -Micaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, your blog is so relatable to everyone who might read it. It is so hilarious and everybody who has cared for a child at one point can relate to the funny experiences that you have. I will continue to read your blog all the time and I will forever be a supporter of your writing (which is so sensible and sophisticated). Keep writing, Claire! You are doing an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micaela & Emma,
    Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate them. I will keep writing and maybe you'll see a post with some tips about babysitting very soon :).

    -Mama Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new names! So cute and funny!
    I can relate to so much of this! I love the design and you little video!

    -Marta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire! I love your blog because it's easy for anyone to read and relate to your experiences. I loved how you incorporated a video to make this post interesting! I would really love it if you incorporated what you make for dinner for the kids. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete