Tuesday, January 22, 2013

10/10

This past week I babysat for a new family.  I'm always excited to get a new family because it means more jobs, new kids, and of course a little more money.  Although I love my "job," getting paid the big bucks is a nice perk.  What teenager doesn't love that?

Me in second grade
Photo by my mom
Anyway, this family has two kids, Ski Bunny (girl, seven years old) and Sniffles (boy, three years old).  Ski Bunny is in my mom's second grade class this year, and is the sweetest little thing.  For now I will be referring to their mom as Fancy because she works for a jewelry company.

I went over for the first time on Thursday, and I had been looking forward to it all week.  Right when I got into the mom's car that evening, Ski Bunny said, "Oh my gosh, Claire!!!!! I am going to teach you how to play Wii. We are going to have so much fun!!!!"  That pretty much says it all.  I never stopped moving until Ski Bunny "taught" me how to play Wii.

Before my Wii experience, I played with Sniffles (he had a cold at the time) and Ski Bunny tagged along.  I put him to bed right after dinner which was quite nice.  Immediately after I was taken downstairs to play Wii.  I sat on the couch watching her play this game called "Vancouver 2010."  Honestly, I thought I was going to pass out from fatigue.

I almost dozed off, but she looked at me and asked, "Claire?  Are you falling asleep on the couch?"

"Oh my goodness... Of course not!" I murmured back although I almost did.

I was watching my cellphone the entire time, and right when 8:15 appeared on the homescreen I told her it was, unfortunately, time for bed.  From there I put her into bed after reading a few chapters from an awful children's chapter book.

Home at 10:30 on a school night.  AWESOME.  You can probably imagine me the next morning.

Fancy saw my mom the next day and told her what Ski Bunny had said about her experience.  Ski Bunny rated me a ten out of ten.  Woooooohoooooooo!!!!  Fancy said that they haven't had a ten since they lived in New Hampshire. Aren't I cool?  Also, I went over on Saturday night.  When I went through the front doors, she came screaming and running at me while saying, "CLAIRE!!!!!!!!!!"  A huge hug was followed by my grand entrance.

This pretty much sums up why I even bother babysitting.  Little kids don't judge you for your faults, but the things that they recognize as interesting and unique.  If you're ever looking for an honest critique or heartfelt compliment, find a little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment