Monday, March 25, 2013

YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD

You are never too old to have a babysitter.  Am I right?  I think yes.  This past week my mom went out of town so her old teaching partner, Magen, came and watched us.  We've known Magen for a long time, and there are always new adventures.

Rubie and Magen.
Photo Courtesy of Mama Claire 
My family's dog, Rubie, always gets very depressed when my mom leaves because my mom and Rubie are best friends.  Rubie gets so delusional that she even lets ME hold her.  Usually she bites me.

Anyway, there are many responsibilities that my mom has.  Magen does her best to do the following:

  • Clean-up after meals
  • Feed and take out the pets (Rubie-dog, Henry-dog, Max-dog, and Willie-cat) 
  • Make dinner
  • Make sure I get up in the morning
  • Drive me to the bus stop
  • Keep the peace between Mimi and me
  • And much, much more
The cutest little Henry
Photo Courtesy of Mama Claire
This week wasn't too busy in regards to my lacrosse schedule, so Magen's responsibilities were even less than usual.  The most odd job she has is to make sure that the little dogs sleep on her bed (Rubie and Henry).  My family coddles our animals a tad too much, but they are just so cute it 

is hard not too.  On Wednesday, I came upstairs after showering and getting ready for school, and Henry was sleeping on the coach.  All alone.  I went and picked him up and noticed that his "spot" was very warm and it indicated that he had slept there all night.  It made me so sad to think that Henry was alone upstairs.  To be honest, Henry is not the sharpest tool in the shed.  He is partly deaf and really can't understand anything.  


After that incident, everything else went smoothly.  Magen is super fun, and I was sad to see her go.  But, it is always nice to have my mom back home!


No comments:

Post a Comment